Dieseljunky2, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified, Ford Certified, Cummins Certified, & 20+ years in field experience

1987 Ford Econoline: Van..cargo..door handle..the locks

I have a 1987 Ford Econoline 150 Conversion Van. One of the right side cargo doors (the left one of the pair, if one is looking at the doors from the outside) has a broXXXXX XXXXXdle on the side of the door that, when functioning, would be pulled downward to open that door (this is the cargo door that does not have an interior door handle). Right now, I am using a pair of pliers in place of the handle, and rotating downward to pull back the locks at the top and bottom of the door so it can open. What is the formal name/part # XXXXX this part? I cannot find it anywhere online at parts stores or on Ebay.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dieseljunky2 replied 6 years ago.

Hello, the correct name for the part is a door release handle. The part is only available from the Ford dealer. If the dealer no longer has it available, then you will have to get one from the salvage yard. I have given a link below to a national parts locater. The side door handle is not listed as a apart to search for, but you may look up your van and call around to see if they will sell the handle separate. Thanks