Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Does the 03 7.3 Powerstroke have an EGR cooler I am getting

Does the '03 7.3 Powerstroke have an EGR cooler? I am getting a little coolant in my crankcase and someone told me that the EGR cooler was very likely plugged. I have tried to find info on this and all I find about coolers is on the 6.0,s. Thanks for your response. Gene Also if it has one where is it located, do I clean it or bypass it as is suggested for tho 6.0?

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

On the 7.3L there is not a EGR or EGR cooler. This concern is the oil cooler or head gaskets. It normally the oil cooler which is bad since the 7.3 is not known for head gasket concerns.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I so much appreciate your answer and am definintly willing accept answer. Is it possible that a plugged cooler is causing coolant in crankcase or does it more likely have a leak?
Its not plugged. Its internally cracked and as the coolant flows through to cool the oil its getting in this crack and mixing with the oil.