John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

2004 F150: fuel pump..manual says..passenger side..the fuse box and it

Customer Question

Where is the fuel pump shut off switch on my 2004 F150 Lariat?
The manual says it should be in the passenger side footwell behind the kick panel,in front of the fuse box and it should have a red reset tab at the top that is to be pushed to reset. I cannot see it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

Hi Customer, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer technician.
I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accurately.

That is where it is. You can get to it better if you remove the kick panel. It is hard to see but that is where it is. I am posting a diagram that shows the location to further assist you.

graphic

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask, it's what I'm here for!

-

important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.

-

Thank you,

John Mc

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I can't see it. do you have a blown up version of your image as I have looked at it from every angle and still cannot locate it. All I can see is a bunch of wires and harnesses.

Directly in front and a bit above the fuse box is a bunch of wires that plug into something.is this it and if so isn't there supposed to be a red button at the top so that I may reset.

Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

It will have a dark green/yellow and a orange/black wire going to the bottom of it. The newer ones have a black button on them. I cannot find a better picture of the location but I did find a good pic of the part. Also, if you are looking directly at the fuse box it will be in the 2 o'clock position if the fuse box is the center.

graphic

-

-

Thank you,

John Mc

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'm not seeing anything like this pic. I don't see anything at the 2 0'clock that has only two wires going into it. Did Ford locate this switch in any other location on the vehicle??? Also I'm not sure if it matters but The truck was hit by lightning this past summer and the local Ford dealer replaced the PCM as well as the fuse box and instrument cluster.

Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

Sorry but this is the only location for the switch on these trucks. The only thing I can think of is if when they replaced the fuse box they didn't attach it correctly. I have reset several of these and it is pretty clear where they are.

Sorry I could not be of more assistance.