John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

what rear axel and gear ratio are in my 1997 ford f250 crew

what rear axel and gear ratio are in my 1997 ford f250 crew cab pick up truck? Vin # XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer technician.
I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accurately.

Sorry but I can't tell what axle ratio you have from your vin. If you could get the axle code off of the door tag I can find the info for you. If you are feeling a shuddering when pulling off and slightly turning you probably have slipping rear end clutches. This is usually easy to fix. Go to a dealer and get some rear end friction modifier. Get two bottles and put it in the rear end and go do some figure eights with the truck to work it in and it usually solves the problem. If not you will need to replace the rear end clutches.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you! If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

If this answer has been helpful please accept so I can receive payment.

-

Feedback is very important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.

-

Thank you,

John Mc

JustAnswer Expert