Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REMOVE FACTORY RADIO ON A 2010 FORD TAURUS

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Here are the finish panel and the unit as well. If you have a floor console , it has to come out.

DOWNLOAD HERE

DOWNLOAD HERE

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
PLEASE PROVIDE RADIO REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS AS WELL THANK YOU
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.
That is the second download I sent.. Look in the last post.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
RON IT SAYS IN THE DOWNLOAD,REFER TO FOLLOW SECTIONS. PLEASE SEND THE FOLLOWING,THANKS -BILLY. SECTIONS, INSRUMENT CLUSTER FINISH PANEL REMOVAL ,RIGHT HAND INSTRUMENT PANEL FINISH PANEL , SELECTOR LEVER TRIM PANEL,THAT IS IN SECTION 307-05
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.
Im sorry, Scroll down as its all there , its a complete file.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
RON- I STILL NEED THE SECTION FOR- INSTRUMENT PANEL FINISH PANEL-RIGHT HAND,REMOVAL-THANKS,BILL
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer

I am not sure why you need the RH side finish panel but here you go...straight from Ford.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HI RON ,SORRY TO KEEP BOTHERING YOU.MY FORD DEALER IS USELESS. I HAVE A NEW 2010 TAURUS LE MODEL.IT IS PREPPAIRED FOR SIRIUS SAT RADIO. IT HAS SIRIUS BUTTON ON FACTORY RADIO AND ANTENNA ALREADY INSTALLED.ACCORDING TO FORD AND SIRIUS,ALL I HAVE TO DO,IS BUY ADD ON TUNER MODULE.I USED TO INSTALL CAR STEREOS AND ALARMS FOR YEARS,SO I KNOW MOST.I FINALLY GOT RADIO OUT,AND THERE IS NO ANTENNA LEAD OR A SPOT TO PLUG IN MODULE.MY GUESS,IS THAT IT IS IN REMOTE LOCATION.IF POSSIBLE COULD YOU FIND OUT WHERE IT IS AND HOW TO ACCESS IT.THANKS AGAIN,BILLY
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.

Here is what I have..

DOWNLOAD HERE

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HI RON ONE LAST THING,PLEASE SEND SEND 501-05,HEADLINER REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS. ALSO INSTRUCTION FOR SIRIUS ANTENNA ON THE ROOF OUTSIDE.FROM THE WORKSHOP MANUAL. THANKS BILLY
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer

Download here

DOWNload Here

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THANK YOU RON VERY MUCH.YOU ARE THE BEST. WHEN YOU CAN ,PLEASE FIND OUT WHAT I NEED TO INSTALL SIRIUS INTO THE CAR.AGAIN,IT IS A 2010 TAURUS ,SE MODEL. IT HAS FACTORY RADIO SINGLECD,WITH SIRIUS ANTENNA ALREADY INSTALLED.AND A SIRIUS BUTTON ON RADIO.I BELIEVE I NEED TUNER AND INTERFACE FROM FORD,ACCORDING TO SIRIUS.3 FORD DEALERS AND FORD WOULD NOT HELP ME ,THANKS BILLY
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.
If I can come up with the correct answer I will respond. Thank you very Much as well.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HI RON, I WAS WONDERING IF YOU FOUND ANYTHING OUT. I DID MORE RESEARCH,AND SOME ONE ELSE WITH SAME CAR TOOK IT TO A FORD DEALER AND FORD HAS A SIRIUS ADD ON TUNER MODULE THAT PLUGS RIGHT IN TO ACCEPT SIRIUS.SEE IF YOU CAN ASK FORD FOR INFO OR PART #,THANKS BILLY

Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer

I am being told the same thing. They claim to have a add on that is plug and play.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
RON, IF YOU COULD, SEE IF YOU CAN GET A PART # XXXXX ME SOME TIME THIS WEEK. THANKS BILLY
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.
OK I will see if I can.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HI RON,DID YOU FIND OUT ANYTHING ON THE PART # XXXXX THE SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY PART,THANKS BILLY
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer

No I am sorry, I cant not seem to come up with a clear answer. I would give your local dealer a call and see if they can help.