Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

How much does a new radiator for a Ford Explorer 2006 cost How

How much does a new radiator for a Ford Explorer 2006 cost?
How much should the labour charge be, including flushing of cooling system? urgent
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
V6 or V8 engine? Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
It is a 2.7 hour job to replace the radiator and typically about a half hour shop rate so the total job will be around 3.5 hours and the radiator costs about $300 at dealership and probably around $200 at parts store. So depending on where you have work done you will be spending about $5-700. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Dan, thanks for your answer.

I live in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and the local Ford Dealership place are wanting to charge me the equivalent of US$ 1,000. I guess, they will justify this by saying they have to ship in the parts. They will not take into account, though, that they are paying slave labour here to mechanics who come from third world countries.

As this was a very straight-forward question, would it be acceptable to you if I paid you half of the minimum rate - there wasn't an initial option for this, just let me have your thoughts?

Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Ya, that definitly seems expensive.....I believe the amount you choose was the minimum but you can email the website to see what they say. As far as your options I'd try to order the radiator yourself and call around shops for prices. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.