Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

How to replace turn signal flasher on 2001 F-150, where is it?

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

You have a relay box on the passenger side of the steering column with 2 relay in it. The flasher relay is one of them, to replace it, you just remove it an install the new one. Remove the panel under the steering column and look to the right.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I found looks like an enclosed box under the dash, but the lid doesn't want to unhook to remove. Looks like its been wrapped with black, cloth tape on one end. Could it be that a mechanic tapped it to prevent the lid from coming loose, or am I looking at the wrong box?
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer

This diagram should help you , Just remove the tape, they tape them from the factory.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Need more info on removing the panel. What exactly is it and how is it removed?
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer

Remove the tape and there are clips on each end that you have to squeeze and pull on.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Any help with above panel question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I got to run. So, I am accepting your answer, so you will get paid, but I still need information on removal of the panel below steering wheel; per previous replies. Please respond

Thanks,

Gary

Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer

Remove the 2 screws that hold the hood release handle and the screws along the bottom of the panel, the top of the panel snaps in. Let me know if you need more help.