AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I Have A 1997 F150 With Driver Side Window Problem I Have Replace

I Have A 1997 F150 With Driver Side Window Problem I Have Replace The Door Switch
And The Window Motor But The Window still Want Come Down It Has A Auto-down Relay
That I Thank Was The Problem All A Long I Can't Lowcate How Do I Find This Relay And Does The Window Have To Be In The Down To Reinstall The Motor Assemble Any Help You Can Give Me Would Be Wellcome THANK'S

Hello there!

The best way to diagnose this is with a test light. Put a test light between the two wires that go to the drivers side window motor. Either which way you push the drivers side window switch, the test light should light up. This way you know that you have power and ground to the window motor. Yes... there is a one touch relay located inside the junction box. Here is a wiring diagram.

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Yes I Have Power All Over But The Window Come Down But Every How And Then

So This Relay Must Be Bad Do You Know Witch One It Is On The Fuse Box If That Is Were You Are Talking About Are Is This Relay Under The Hood???

The One Touch Down Relay is located in the junction box fuse/relay panel. (On the left side of the diagrams.)

graphic

graphic