John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

How do I manually roll up power window on the driver side,

How do I manually roll up power window on the driver side, all the fuses are good and i switched out the relay still wont go up. Now i am going to connect a 12v jumper wire from the battery to the plug to manually roll it up. which colors are the driver side front window Up wires
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

Hi Customer

I am John, a Ford dealer technician.

I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accurately.

Unfortunately the window motor does not act directly off of the switch, the switch sends a signal to the smart junction box and it sends voltage to the window motor. To put power to the motor you need to remove the door panel and put power and ground to the orange/white and white/black wires going to the motor. There is an easy way to see what is wrong with this window. Turn the key on and engine off. Get inside the car and turn off the radio, ac and all other accessories. Now turn on the interior lights. Do this with the passenger side first to see what it will do. With the window all the way up push the up switch and see how the light dims just a bit. This is what it should do. Try this with making the window go down and up on the drivers side. If it dims both ways the motor is bad. If it only dims one way or neither replace the master window switch. Sometimes if the motor is the cause you can slam the door a couple of times while pushing the up button and it will jar the motor loose. Other times you just have to replace the motor.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask, it's what I'm here for!

-

important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.

-

Thank you,

John Mc

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the reply, put ground to the white black and power to the orange white?
Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

It is either-or. One way makes the window go up the other makes it go down. Unfortunately my wiring diagrams don't differentiate.

-

-

Thank you,

John Mc

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you i'm pretty sure its the switch. I got the window up doing what you said. now my GF doesnt have to freeze here in upstate NY driving with her window down. Thanks again
Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

Don't forget to accept so I can recieve credit for helping you! Also positive feedback is greatly appreciated and allows other customers to see my job performance.

Thanks,

John Mc

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I already did accept
Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

I got it!

Thanks,

John Mc