Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure
21020025

WHAT IS THE AVERAGE COST TO REPLACE BRAKES AND ROTOERSD ON

WHAT IS THE AVERAGE COST TO REPLACE BRAKES AND ROTOERSD ON A 2004 FORD EXPLORER AND WHERE CAN I GET IT DONE AT THE MOST FEASIBLE RATE IN CLARKSVILLE ,TN

the average cost for a brake job, single axle meaning fronts or rears(if both then the cost is about double), is about $200 in labor and about $80 each for rotors(2 needed per axle) and about $56 for pads. This is the cost at the dealer,which i highly recommend as aftermarket shops do not clean or lubricate the required components and contact points, nor do they inspect common failure points. Being an '04 explorer you likely will be able to have the rotors machined and will not require replacing them. If so then the cost for a brakejob, per axle, will be ablout $200 in labor and about $56 for pads resulting in about a $260-280 cost per axle. If you need front brakes as well as rears then it will cost about $520-560. If you were to go to a local brake shop such as tuffy or midas the labor rate of coarse will be cheaper but you likely will have an insuficiently trained tech working on your vehicle and the parts cost will be less as well but that is because the pads most aftermarket shops use are heavily metalic,which in turn causes brake noises and possibly rotor warpage few months down the road. It is best to have the dealer perform the job once instead of having the atermarket shop do it once or twice and then still going back to the dealer to have it done right all over again. I see this all too often when customers have had their brakes serviced at an independent shop and they have issues that will cost them more than it initially would if they had had it serviced here. Hope this isnformation has been helpfull, if you have any further questions please feel free to ask

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, after accepting the report stays open for further questions, if you need further assistance please ask,

Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to recieve credit for my work. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If you feel the answer was able to save you significant time and money Bonuses are appreciated & would make my day.