lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.

2005 ford: wont start..clicking..the starter relay located

Customer Question

my 2005 ford five hundred wont start. The starter is not clicking but the relays are. Where is the starter relay located?
Category: Ford
Expert:  lostrider replied 6 years ago.

Hi this is lostrider, the starter relay is in the battery junction(fuse) box located under the hood, here is a diagram pointing to its location, hope this helps.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If this is the problem??? Am i able to get it from like oriely auto?? If not the problem-what else can it be?? thank you
Expert:  lostrider replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the reply, if you look at the diagram you will see the blower motor relay right below the starter relay, they are the same relay, you can just swap the relays and see if it starts then, if not look on your dash when you turn the key to the run position at the THEFT light, the light should come on for about 6 seconds and then go off, if the light starts flashing then there is a concern with the Theft system, if all that is good, check and make sure your battery terminals are clean and if you have another vehicle try to jump the 500 off, I have seen a battery do allot of weird things, let me know what you find with the above and then we can go on from there.