Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

2001 Ford F150: wont fire..fuel filter..the fuel pump driver module

My 2001 Ford F150 truck won't start. It was fine one day and the next day it just grinds and grinds, but won't fire. We have replaced the fuel filter and we are thinking it might be the fuel pump but then I was reading about the fuel pump driver module on the later model trucks. Do the 2001 F150's have this same module? Could it be causing this issue in my truck?
Greetings! YES...You could have a bad fuel pump. I would rec to check fuel pressure. Fuel injected cars are very fuel pressure sensitive. Fuel pressure is very important and must be within specifications! But if the pressure is low, it does not mean the pump is bad. A plugged fuel filter, a pinched line, and low voltage at the pump can contribute to low fuel pressure. All three must be check before replacing the pump! You can get a fuel pressure gauge at a local auto parts store for cheap.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I guess my question is do the 2001 F150 have a fuel pump driver module like the 2004 and later models?

Are they located back by the spare tire if they do?

YES.. it is locatd inside the fuel tank. Here is a wiring diagram.