Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair

I got a po607 code after charging a dead battery

I got a po607 code after charging a dead battery. Never had a problem before. Was this caused by the dead battery?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.
This p-code is pointing to an internal fault in the PCM. More than likely, when the battery died, it caused the programming of the PCM to become corrupt. Sometimes the PCM can be re-programmed. Sometimes the only solution is going to be the replacement of the PCM.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The truck then started and runs fine. Does that mean PCM must be ok? I'll "accept" after this, thanks.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.
If the truck is currently running, then yes, the pcm should be recoverable. It will need to be re-programmed as there will be problems down the road. (Like when your computer's hard drive crashes it gets progressily worse at each boot-up. Same idea, there's a mini CPU inside the PCM)