Here are the possiblites for no 3 rd. I would look at the valve body and make sure the valves and balls are ok.
· Electrical inputs/outputs, vehicle wiring harnesses, PCM, shift solenoids, OSS
· Carry out Self-Test. Refer to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual for diagnosis and testing of the Powertrain Control System. Go To Pinpoint Test A or Go To Pinpoint Test E. Repair as required. Clear DTCs, road test and repeat Self-Test.
· Engine driveability concerns
· Refer to Routine 253.
· Damaged or incorrectly adjusted
· Inspect and repair as required. Verify transmission shift cable adjustment. Refer to Section 307-05. Adjust transmission shift cable as necessary. After repairing transmission shift cable, verify that the digital TR sensor is correctly adjusted. Adjust the digital TR sensor as necessary.
· Direct clutch pressure
· Check pressure at direct clutch tap; refer to Line Pressure Chart for specifications. If not OK, check the main controls.
· 2-3 shift valve, check ball No. 9 or No. 3, solenoid pressure regulator valve, damaged or assembled incorrectly
· Inspect for damage. Repair as required.
· Bolts not tightened to specifications
· Tighten bolts to specifications.
· Shift solenoid SSB malfunction
· Activate solenoid using scan tool. If solenoid operation cannot be felt when placing hand on solenoid, install a new solenoid. Inspect O-rings for damage. Repair as required.
· Gaskets damaged
· Inspect for damage and install a new gasket.
· Output shaft seals damaged or cup plug leaking or missing
· Inspect for damage and repair as required.
· 2-3 accumulator damaged or stuck
· Inspect piston seal and bore for damage. Repair as required.
· Solenoid screen (in main control) blocked or damaged
· Clean or install a new screen.
· Not overrunning or damaged
· Seal rings damaged
· Cup plug damaged or missing
· Seals or piston damaged
· Friction elements worn or damaged
· Check ball not seating
· Return spring assembly damaged
· Output shaft rear seals leaking or damaged
· Inspect for damage. Repair as required. Inspect case for damaged seal area. If damaged, install a new case.
· Damaged accumulator piston
· Springs damaged or broken
· Case bore scored
Air Test Plate, Transmission 307-246 (T92P-7006-A)