John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience

my ford explorer 2002 will not start, it turns over but will

my ford explorer 2002 will not start, it turns over but will not start. acts like it is not getting fuel. we come home in it parked it and the next day would not start.
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am John, a Ford dealer technician.

I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accurately.

Is you theft light flashing rapidly?

If not with the key on and engine off is the check engine light on? If so when you crank the engine does the light turn off?

Thanks,

John Mc

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when i turn the key on the theft light flash'es and the check engine light is not on.
Expert:  John Mc replied 4 years ago.
Ok, do you have a test light?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no i do not have test light
Expert:  John Mc replied 4 years ago.

Ok, there is not much we can do but we will try anyway. Your problem is your computer is not getting power or it is bad. Look in the fuse box under the hood. Here is a pic.

graphic

Now try swapping the two relays highlighted in red. If it starts replace the one that was the pcm power relay. If it still won't start you are going to need to take it to someone that can test wiring to find out where the power problem is. If there is no power problem you are going to need a new pcm. I would suggest having a dealer do this work because they have to program the new pcm and also need to program the antitheft system so the truck will start.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask, it's what I'm here for!

-

If this answer has been helpful please accept so I can recieve payment. Feedback is very

important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.

-

Thank you,

John Mc

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
still does not want to start when i switched the two around.
Expert:  John Mc replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry but without some basic test equipment I would just be guessing as to what is the cause of your problem. I think you next step needs to be to take it to a shop.

Thanks,

John Mc

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thank u for ur help.
Expert:  John Mc replied 4 years ago.
You're welcome, sorry I couldn't be of further assistance.
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience: 19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience