Mike Myers
Mike Myers, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, Associates degree in automotive technology, shop owner
26879743

2000 ford explorer: diagnostic codes..engine is 4.0.

2000 ford explorer shows diagnostic codes po732 and po735.the engine is 4.0. also the o.d. light flashes at 60 mph. what is the problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike Myers replied 6 years ago.
p0732 is for incorrect 2nd gear ratio. p0735 is for incorrect 5th gear ration (overdrive). the od light is flashing because the tranny is not going into od or there is a problem detected with the overdrive. check the fluid level first. check with car running at idle in park. if fluid level is ok then there is no two ways about it. the tranny is shot. very common on explorers. used tranny are about $500 and rebuilts are about $1500-$2000. about an 8 hour job. hope this helps. let me know if you have any other questions. good luck.
-mike
Please click the accept button, as this is the only way for me to get paid for my work. A bonus is always much appreciated. Please understand that we will still be able to correspond about any questions you may have. I will always do my best to answer your question and solve your problem. Thank you.