lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.

I have a 2003 ford taurus. The anti theft light comes on and

I have a 2003 ford taurus. The anti theft light comes on and I can't start the car. I've disconnected and reconnected the battery, locked and unlocked the doors, still doesn't start. The battery is new and I had it checked out. I used both sets of keys that came with the car when it was bought new. No luck. Is there a way to reset the anti theft or disable it? Any suggestions on how I can get it started? Thanks.

HiCustomerthis is lostrider,

~Does the Theft Light flash fast when the key is turned to the run position?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it's on all the time, not sure about when i turn the key. it flashes but not sure if the frequency changes
Thank you for the reply, the Theft Light will blink on the dash to advise anybody there is a Theft system on the car, when the key is cycled to the run position, the light should come on for about 4 seconds then go off, thats the prove out, if the light flashes fast with the key in the run position then the car thinks its being stolen and will not start, if both keys have the same affect with the theft light then there is a concern/failure in the PATs system and will have to be towed to a repair shop or the dealer to have diagnosed and repaired, there is no bypassing the system due to the PATs module and the Processor has to see the programed key code for the car to start, and there is no way to disable the system, thats the way Ford designed it. hope this helps.