Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.

2003 Ford F150: crew cab..the ABS module (NOt responding)..calibrated

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ford F150 crew cab. If I replace the ABS module (NOt responding) Must it be calibrated or set up electronicaly?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 6 years ago.

Hello my name isXXXXX looked in shop manual and it state that it must be programmed. Here is what came out of shop manual. Thanks Steve W

NOTE: At the first key-on after a new ABS module is installed, use the NGS with the service card to configure the module. For additional information, refer to Section 418-01.

To install,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I guess this means that i must have a service tech replace my ABS module because i have no ideal what a NGS is.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 6 years ago.

Hello, yes this module has to be configured, we use IDS, or integrated diagnostic tester, or the NGS ,next generation star tester, to program the module. Have the power's and grounds been checked to the abs module?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the ford dealership tech told me it was not responding
Expert:  Scott W. replied 6 years ago.
Ok, it could be the module, or it could have a blown fuse or wiring concern, I would check power's and grounds before module replacement to rule out a wiring concern. Hope this helps Thanks Steve W