Brian
Brian, Ford Shop Foreman
Experience:  Ford Senior Master certified Tech, 36 years Ford technician.
19733790

Where is the fuel pump relay switch to a 2004 F150 xlt supercrew

Where is the fuel pump relay switch to a 2004 F150 xlt supercrew 4x4
Category: Ford
Expert:  Brian replied 7 years ago.
The fuel pump relay is relay #303 in the central junction box behind the right kick panel. There is also a fuel pump driver module that is a common failure and will cause a no start condition, it is located above the left rear frame rail next to the spare tire. And the inertia fuel shut off switch is located in front of the central junction box, right kick panel.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Tried the relay switch and I've tried the inertia fuel shut off switch. What do I do with the driver module - can I bypass it like the inertia switch? Or does it have to be replaced?
Expert:  Brian replied 7 years ago.
It needs to be replace, it does more than just relay power to the pump, it ties into the fuel level sender as well as the computer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If i replace this module and still have no start ,should i take the new fuel pump out and try a 2nd new fuel pump, maybe it is bad as well,yes? Is there any thing else it could be?
Expert:  Brian replied 7 years ago.
I feel confident this will fix your no start concern, not likely a bad "new" fuel pump. I have seen quite a few of the modules causing a no start problem lately. If not, let me know and we will figure it out.