Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2005 Ford Taurus: temperature control..heat comes..a few seconds

Customer Question

2005 Ford Taurus Heating problem, when turning temperature control to heat. The heat comes on for a few seconds and goes back to being cold. I have changed the thermostat.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 years ago.

Hello Fixitman

I'm Chris, Thanks for allowing me to help you here on Just Answer.

While driving the vehicle with heat commanded on max hot. Are you getting any warm or heated air or hot air coming and going or is it only hot this one time first off and that it?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes. Only one time

Okay this pretty much rules out a blend door or blend door actuator concern in the dash because it will fail with no heat or all heat. So your looking a clogged heater core or low coolant flow. You need to get the vehicle up to operating temp and while sitting idleing grab both heater core hoses at the firewall. Both should be about 200 degrees. If there cool then you need to disconnect the hoses and see if you can flush the core forward and rearward using a garden hose. if it will flow water then odds are you have a water pump with corroded fins just not moveing enough water.

I have not heard back from you, so I assume you are needing more assistance on this matter, you can still reply on this thread.

If this solved the concern and you want to close the question and give me credit for assisting then do this by just hitting accept or by replying and saying "I accept." Accepting does not lock you out from replying if needed later.

My goal is to have nothing but satisfied customers.

Thanks Hope to hear from you soon, Chris