Ford Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP
Hello, this vehicle is unlike old hydraulic systems, the bleeding procedure is much different, (see below). And generaly these require no bleeding, I have done many and generaly if it does not bleed correctly the CLUTCH MASTER could be defective.
It's a good practice to replace the CLUTCH MASTER anyway, I usualy recommend it.
Generaly you plug the quick disconnect line into slave and it just works... Try this procedure and it will require two people...
Slim to none, hehe...
Man I wish I were there #%#@&^, did the idiots give you the wrong clutch?
THE MASTER IS BAD THEN
Man there really is not much else it could be the (slave cylinder just bolts on with like two 10 milimeters, and if the transmission bolted back up fine there is not much else that could go wrong.
It may have been bad master to begin with, but bench bleed the master, I have seen alot of those masters fail or leak.
i will replace the master .hope this take care of my problem. thanks
Hello, I am John, a Ford dealer technician.
I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accurately.
I'm sorry I don't usually jump into another experts question here but I have to greatly disagree with him. These clutch systems are known to be a real pain to get all the air out of the system. I have my own way of doing this and will explain.
1. Get an assistant to operate the pedal.
2. Fill the reservoir to the top with brake fluid.
3. Without the pedal pressed down open the bleeder screw, now slowly push the pedal all the way to the bottom then hold. Tighten the screw.
4. Repeat step 3 five times. Check the fluid level every third time.
5. Pump pedal 10 times then hold. Open the bleeder screw.
6. Repeat step 5 three times.
7. Check operation, you may need to repeat this whole operation 3-4 times if air is trapped in the master or the lines.
If you have any more questions please feel free to ask, it's what I'm here for!
If this answer has been helpful please accept so I can recieve payment. Feedback is very
important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.