Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech

2008 Ford F350 6.4 no start. has 7 psi fuel pressure at fuel

Customer Question

2008 Ford F350 6.4 no start. has 7 psi fuel pressure at fuel cooler. Any ideas what to look for. Died while running was towed in.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 6 years ago.

What you have is a stuck open egr valve,this is especially bad on the 6.4l as it causes a no start condition,there is a new and updated EGR valve to repair this.The code P1335 is and EGR code.another thing to check is fuse #74 in the fuse box in the pass side kick panel.If the fuse is blown,then the high pressure pump cover gasket harness is shorted against the pump and needs to be replaced.

Edited by Diesel Doc on 12/9/2009 at 10:09 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Diesel Doc, I looked in the pass kick panel and there is no #74 fuse, there is a #74 fuse under the hood but it was ok. I then pulled the cover off the egr valve and pulled the valve up and the truck fired right up. Is the egr valve possible to get out without the egr puller?
Expert:  Ray M. replied 6 years ago.
It can be removed with out the puller but you need to remove the elbow assy it is mounted in,this gives you more room to worrk at it with an air chisle.