jblair1979, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ford ASSET graduate, 1st in my class, 2001, ASE car, truck, and medium heavy duty Master technician

2002 Ford f150, Heater is not working for 2 weeks and now I

2002 Ford f150, Heater is not working for 2 weeks and now I have two codes that have come out. P1131 adn P0135 both related the the Oxygen or Heater sensor. What's the fix?
Category: Ford
Expert:  jblair1979 replied 6 years ago.
HowdyCustomer!! those codes are for engine/driveability issues, not heater, a/c issues. which is giving you the problems?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I then have two problems.

1. Codes P1131 and P0135 came up yesterday.

2. Heater is blowing cold air for last couple of weeks.

ok, for the heater, with the engine warm, can you feel the heater hoses, and make sure that with the heater on, you can feel the hot water circulating, and the hoses are close to the same temperature? check for the vacuum heater valve operation while under the hood... and then if that is good, with the blower motor on high, turn it form hot to cold, and tell me if you can hear or feel the air flow change, or if there is now responce at all,

and for the engine issues, are there any drivability issues? did the check engine light come on?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The hose coming out of the engine is warm and under pressure. The other hose coming out is soft and feels like nothing is flowing through it. I checked for air flow change from hot to cold and nothing changed, nothing with air temp or any different sound or force. Where is the heater valve operation under the hood?

No drivability issues as of now.

ok, it sounds like you have a plugged up heater core, you can try, when the engine has cooled off, disconnecting the hoses, and flushing out the heater core with the garden hose, but if that does not work you may need it replaced. this truck may not have the heater valve, i was thinking of a ranger for some reason, sorry. lets get the heater core flushed out, before we tackle the interior issues. they may require the dash coming out, which if the heater core does not flush out, it may require the dash coming out as well.

if your not having any drivability issues, then i would not worry about those codes right now either. they may have been an intermittiant issue..