Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure

I have a 2010 ford fusion with sync/nav. I am looking for a

Customer Question

I have a 2010 ford fusion with sync/nav. I am looking for a way to reboot the sync/nav other that pulling the fuse. Also are there other DIAGNOSTIC or setting screens for more advanced settings/ trouble shooting?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford snr master replied 4 years ago.

Good morning and thank you for inquiring with JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be the technician assisting you today. You can try to go to www.syncmyride.com to download the latest calibration to a USB stick to reprogram your SYNC system to the latest level, You can also try to unplug the APIM module( SYNC module) and leave it unplugged for a few minutes to try to reset it that way. The APIM is located in the rear of the center floor console, pull back the rear cover to access the APIM. If that fails, being a '10 model it should be under warranty, and the dealer should connect the IDS scantool to your vehicle and check for codes, if the reset attempts by you do not work,likely the APIM is bad and has a code b1342 in it. These modules are extremely common to fail, and could possibly require a new one

graphic

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, after accepting the report stays open for further questions, if you need further assistance please ask,

Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to recieve credit for my work. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If you feel the answer was able to save you significant time and money Bonuses are appreciated & would make my day.

Edited by Ford snr master on 12/4/2009 at 5:14 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Currently to "reboot" or restart the sync I need to pull fuse #12 (or 13 I would have to look). I am looking for a way to force a reboot from a service menu.

You know how you can get to the diganositc bezel screen by holding down the hard buttons 3 and 6 for 3 secs? Are there any other screens like that?
unfortunately for the SYNC system there is no selftest type menu to reset the APIM. The best bet ould be syncmyride.com to update the calibration or by unplugging the module