jblair1979
jblair1979, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ford ASSET graduate, 1st in my class, 2001, ASE car, truck, and medium heavy duty Master technician
23349454

What problems does Ford have with 4.6 v8 engine,because I have

Customer Question

What problems does Ford have with 4.6 v8 engine,because I have one that I'm having a misfire at start for 20 to 60 seconds 2009 is this a on going thing also rpm's surging up and down, loosing throttle at times I want a honist answer. I had a 2007 same engine with the misfiring problem.thanks HAH
Category: Ford
Expert:  jblair1979 replied 4 years ago.
HowdyCustomer! The honest answer is that there are multiple possibilities. Does the check engine light come on? When was the last fuel filter changed, last tune up, last oil change? How many miles are on it, and what model is it? It may just need a pcm reprogram/update, for emmission system updates, the egr could be opening when it should not. When you fill up the fuel tank, do you stop when it does, or do you keep trying to get more and more in it? let me know, and we will get it figureed out, thanks,
jblair1979, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Ford ASSET graduate, 1st in my class, 2001, ASE car, truck, and medium heavy duty Master technician
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry,It has taken so long to get back to you , Thanks for answer but I just want to know if other customers are having the same problem with the 4.6 doing the same thing. but if your not at laberity to say that is ok . THanks but the charge for should be charged to Ford warranty dept, Veh. is still under warranty Have a nice day.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
VEH,HAS 14,452,NO, CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS. HAS BEEN IN SHOP 7 TIMES. I never over fill the fuel tank. all the other things is up to the enginners that has been working on the veh.it has been reprogramed as per the dealer. what I honestly want to know is this engine having these problems from other customers, this has been my second one A 2007 and now 2009 Enginners can not fix then.If your not at liberity to give me a answer I thank you in advance. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
yes i have seen this before, but not where it was not fixable. it usually has to do with egr, or evap, and pcm commanding it to flow when it is not time. usually just a reprogram, and its good. there is a code for this, p0300, random missfire in the 1st thousand revolutions of the engine. what is your vin, and i will see if there are any current service messages on it, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX christmas to you too!!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Two enginners have tried to make the repairs , ran test, of all kinds on it , I'm not trying to fix it . I want Ford to replace the Veh. because I presonally don't think their is a fix for the ones that are giving problems of this nature. 9ua00259
sorry to run it through oasis i will need the full 17 characters of the vin, i was just going to see what info i coudl get you, i will in the morning, thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1fmeu33889ua00259
ok, basically what i found is that they have tried to neutralize the eng, and trans mounts twice, and reprogramed the pcm at least once, but that there are not any more updates as of yet. what they have to do is take issues like yours get it figured out, then have the "techy guys" engineers, wright a new pcm update, and then send it out, for the dealers to use. when the fse, feild service engineers, get called out, they have to fill out, and submitt reports about the issues, so this is not a dead dog yet. they will be working on it until they figure it out. as the vehicle is new, you have the full warranty behind it, and i do believe that this is a pcm calibration issue, based on what you have told me, and what i have seen. give them time, and see whatthey come up with, and let me know, thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK, THANKS FOR THAT INFO I AM COMPLETELY SATIFIED WITH THAT ANSWER. I WILL WAIT FOR THE ENGINNER TO GET BACK WITH MY DEALER. THE VEH. WILL NOT BE DRIVEN UNTIL THEN BECAUSE IT IS DANGEROUS LIKE IT IS. THANKS AGAIN I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT THEY FIND, SO YOU CAN HELP SOME IN THE FUTURE.