jblair1979, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ford ASSET graduate, 1st in my class, 2001, ASE car, truck, and medium heavy duty Master technician

2006 F150: locks..anti-theft security indicator..unlock

2006 F150 XL...manual locks/windows. Truck does have anti-theft security indicator on top left dash. Truck would not unlock with key. Is the security system capable of locking MANUALLY OPERATED door locks? Both locks operated normally (with key) about an hour after I initially tried. I did have a brand new TomTom GPS unit in my hand when I tried to unlock truck. I read that some electronics can interfere with the key fob but this vehicle isnt equipped with electronic anything except the flashing lite on the dash. I guess my question do I disable the security stuff since I dont have any way to reset it with no electronic key fob? Thanks
HowdyCustomer! No, if it is manual locks, there is absolutly no way that any electroinics can lock it. As far as the anti theft, if it is manual locks, and windows, then the only thing that the anti theft can block is the engine starting. There must have been another factor, maybe the wrong key, or not pushed in far enough, or maybe the lock just needs lube. You can spray wd40 in the key slot, and see if that helps.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know you are probably right...what threw me was that neither door would open with either of my original ford keys. The tailgate lock worked What is the use of having this anti-theft/security system when I dont have an electronic fob to set/reset it? Is there an easy way to disable it?