Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure

WHERE IS THE INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL SYSTEM FOR A 2002

WHERE IS THE INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL SYSTEM FOR A 2002 DURATEC V6 ENG.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford snr master replied 4 years ago.

Good afternoon and thank you for inquiring with JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be the technician assisting you today. I do not believe the intake manifold runner control (IMRC) system is equipped on the '02 taurus 24V engine but if it is equiped for that year it will be on the driver's side of the lower intake manifold

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, after accepting the report stays open for further questions, if you need further assistance please ask,

Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to recieve credit for my work. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If you feel the answer was able to save you significant time and money Bonuses are appreciated & would make my day.

Experience: 14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ON MY 2002 FORD TAURUS ,DURATEC 3.0 V6 ENG. THE CHECK ENG LIGHT IS ON.I TESTED IT WITH A OBD2 CODE SEARCH AND IT CAME UP WITH CODE P1507 WHAT DOES THIS CODE MEANS.

code P1507 refers to a fault with the IAC, which is the Idle Air Control valve, which sits on top of the throttle body and controls the amount of air allowed to bypass the closed throttle plate to keep idle at proper speed. See image below

graphic

P1507 - Idle Air Control (IAC) Underspeed Error This DTC is set when the PCM detects engine idle speed that is less than the desired rpm.
  • IAC circuit open
  • IAC circuit short to PWR
  • VPWR to IAC solenoid open
  • Air inlet is plugged
  • Damaged IAC solenoid
  • Damaged PCM
  • The IAC solenoid resistance is from 6 to 13 ohms
  • Disconnect IAC valve and look for no change in engine rpm as an indication of a stuck or damaged valve