Chuck
Chuck, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  33 Years Experience,Ford Senior Master,ASE Master,L1 Advanced Engine Performance
17659378

2003 EB expedition heated/cooled seats dont work anymore. Fuses

2003 EB expedition heated/cooled seats dont work anymore. Fuses are good, have power to the independent switches but they dont light or click anymore.
You have access to a scan tool that can retreive codes from the climate control seat module?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

no i dont

You have most likely lost your programming(when battery went dead) to the Cimate control seat module or the Electronic temp control module . You will probably need to carry it to the dealer and have them perform a self test and see if it doesn't have a code B2477 stored in memory of the EATC ot the CCSM and if so they will have to reprogram one or both with As-Built Data.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
where are those modules located?

The EATC is the heater/ac controls

The CCSM are located under each seat.

If both are inop then the EATC is the one that has most likely lost its programming.We see this sometimes when you loose the batery. The module looses it programming and it does not know (so to speak) that you have heated/cooled seats so they will not activate.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
where can i find a picture of the under the seat module? do you have one?

Here is a pic of the seat module

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

is it number 3? how much should this cost at the dealer? what do i need to say to them when i go there? I want to have my Blank checked to see if it lost its programming.

I appreciate your help and i will accept.

It will take just a few minutes to perform a self test and see if it has the B2477 code in either the EATC or the seat modules. It should not take but about 1hour to 1 1/2 to program them. The cost would depend on the labor rate per hour.