Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech
17239397

P2291 & P2290 code fuel perssure low 2006 F250 6.0L

P2291 & P2290
code fuel perssure low 2006 F250 6.0L
Category: Ford
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer.

The codes you are getting are from low oil pressure.The icp will read how much oil pressure you have.When low it will not start.The trucks need 500 psi of oil to start.I would see if you can access the icp pid from a scan tool to see how much you are getting.Usually when this happens either the ipr is bad,high pressure pump gone or the connector going to the pump is blown out.I would take the ipr out first to see if the screen is not blocked in anyway.If it okay then you will have to take out the pump to see if the connector is gone.Since you have a 2006 if under 100k miles you are under warranty

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

removed fuel filter on engine found 1 plastic chip from fuel filter more missing from old filter don't know if they went IN I will check ICP Monday AM

thank you

Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 7 years ago.
The fuel will have alot to do with it not starting,but lack of fuel will not through a low icp code.Let me know what you find out