Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Ford.
2499435

2000 Ford Windstar: overChecked fuses..electronic

2000 Ford Windstar LX

Car will not turn over
Checked fuses-OK
Checked Reset button/electronic shut off-OK
All other fine
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 years ago.

Hello Troy

I'm Chris, Thanks for coming to Just Answer, I am going to do my very best to provide an answer you can Hit Accept on in a timely matter.

Whats the battery voltage?

Do the headlights come on bright?

What does the theft light do with the key out of the ignition?

What does the theft light do while holding the key in the start position?

Do al lthe dash lights come on while trying to start?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Batery Voltage-Unknown but not very old, have had it replace within the last 2-3 years

Headlight-Yes, bright

Theft light blinks with key out of igintion

Stays on in start position

All dash lights on

Last week had sparks and wires replaced, and pwoer steering pump replaced. Has worked fine until this morning.

Thank you

• So the theft light never flashes rapid while trying to start, correct?
  • When you say it will not start, this means you turn the key and it does nothing at all except light up the dash?
  • Does the vehicle have any sort of aftermarket alarm or remote start?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Theft light-when the engine is cranking the light stays on for about 3 seconds & then turns off

Starting-it turns & makes the "chug, chug" sound but never starts.

No aftermarket alams or remote start.

Ok we have ruled out the PATS anti theft system.

Describe this chug chug a little more, Does the engine turn over slowly or with normal speed but it does not even try to start?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The engine turns over normally & at normal speed.

Okay this rules out the battery as well. Now we must substitue a flammable spray for fuel. So spray a 2 second burst of brake cleaner or carb cleaner or ether into the throttle body while the throttle is held open and immediatly try to start it. If it starts momentairly this rules out the ignition for the spark plugs. This will leave you with check fuel pressure which is done witha gauge and hose hooked up to the fuel rail for the injectors and checking your fuel injector pulse. Below are is the injector test and another way to check ignition spark.

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is the throttle body?
Find the air filter under the hood on the drivers side. Now follw that 3 inch diameter tube to the engine and you will see where it connects to the throttle body.
Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience: 16 years experience with Ford.