Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1993 F-250: with 7.3 diesel non-turbo

Customer Question

I have a 1993 F-250 with 7.3 diesel non-turbo. The problem is the glow plugs do not work. The timer is ok because I can hear it click on and off, but no power to the glow plugs and I can't find a protective fuse. I have not checked the glow plugs by themselves, but I can't believe thay all went out at the same time. Now I use just a short squrit of starting fluid to start. Thanks........
Category: Ford
Expert:  Terry S Trent replied 7 years ago.

Hello, one thing is (you never use starting fluid) on a DEISEL engine it will destroy it...

I dont mean to sound hard on you, so please no offence... I am looking at the factory bulletins etc, is the check engine light on by chance? Here is the complete GLOW PLUG System DIAGRAM...

graphic

Edited by Terry S. Trent on 11/26/2009 at 6:11 PM EST

Here is the complete WIRING DIAGRAM. Take a look at these I am not aware of your mechanical skill level so just take a look at the diagrams and check the fuses, fusible links, etc for power...

graphic

Edited by Terry S. Trent on 11/26/2009 at 6:18 PM EST