Chuck
Chuck, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  33 Years Experience,Ford Senior Master,ASE Master,L1 Advanced Engine Performance
17659378

99 ESCORT ZX2 NO POWER TO FUEL PUMP AND NO POWER TO FUSE FOR

99 ESCORT ZX2 NO POWER TO FUEL PUMP AND NO POWER TO FUSE FOR FUEL PUMP
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chuck replied 4 years ago.
You have no power on the fuse in the under hood fuse panel?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
YES ......NO POWER
Expert:  Chuck replied 4 years ago.
Do you have power on the cooling fan fuse and the ABS fuse?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
POWER TO BOTH
Expert:  Chuck replied 4 years ago.

You have a problem in the fuse panel itself then. These fuses share the same feed.

graphic

You will need to release the side clips on the fuse panel then remove the bottom cover and look for something in this area either the terminal has broken or the wire feeding it.

Edited by Chuck on 11/25/2009 at 1:16 AM EST
Expert:  Chuck replied 4 years ago.
Question? What happens if you take a jumper wire and jump power to the fuel pump fuse does fuel pump run ok then?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I WILL TRY THAT ......MAY NEED FOLLOW .....I ALREADY DID THAT THO.........

\

WOULD THE FUEL PUMP RELY DO THAT ????

Expert:  Chuck replied 4 years ago.

Normally if you have a problem with the relay it should blow the fuse or damage the relay side of the fuse so you would still have power on one side of the fuse. I have seen where either the terminal just breaks or the wire maybe had a loose connection and caused it to build up excessive heat and melt.

Here are the wiring schematics for your fuel pump. The relay is part of the constant control relay module.

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
will TRY AGAIN THANK YOU !!!
Expert:  Chuck replied 4 years ago.

Yes you should find your problem there.

Thanks for using Just Answer and holler back if you need any more info.

Chuck, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 33 Years Experience,Ford Senior Master,ASE Master,L1 Advanced Engine Performance