Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure
21020025

What is the average cost to replace a fuel pump on a 2003 F150

What is the average cost to replace a fuel pump on a 2003 F150 4.6L v8......or how many hours in labor would a mechanic charge ?

Good evening and thank you for inquiring with JustAnswer, the average labor cost to replace the fuel pump, not counting labor (which is usually 1 hour @$90) since you are requesting the pump be replaced, is 2 hours, roughly $220 after tax and shop charges.

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, after accepting the report stays open for further questions, if you need further assistance please ask,

Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to recieve credit for my work. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If you feel the answer was able to save you significant time and money Bonuses are appreciated & would make my day.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is for an in tank fuel pump ?
correct, The tanks aren't that hard to remove with a hoist and a trans jack to rest the tank on. Some techs even just remove the bed of the truck and access the pump that way. The average labor time charged for replacing the pump is 2 hours, ford warranty book time is 1.4 hours. Times are based off the procedure and the use of a hoist
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Right on ! Man , you just saved 2 nights of no sleep....worring if I could afford it......THANK YOU SO MUCH !
you are very welcome