Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure

99 ford F150: the location of the cylinder head temp sensor..4.6L

Customer Question

Can you please help me find the location of the cylinder head temp sensor on a 99 ford F150 with the 4.6L?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford snr master replied 6 years ago.

Good afternoon and thank you for inquiring with JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be the technician assisting you today. the CHT an the 4.6L is located on the driver's side cylinder head, under the intake manifold

Cylinder Head Temperature (CHT) Sensor-4.6L and 5.4L

1. Remove the intake manifold
  1. Remove the cylinder head temperature (CHT) sensor.
    1. Disconnect the connector.
    1. Remove the CHT sensor.

1. Follow the removal procedure in reverse order.

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, after accepting the report stays open for further questions, if you need further assistance please ask,

Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to recieve credit for my work. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If you feel the answer was able to save you significant time and money Bonuses are appreciated & would make my day.

please let me know if the images came through ok, i have had issues with the site posting them