Shawn E
Shawn E, Ford Senior Master
Experience:  23 Years with Ford, 12 Year Ford Senior Master, ASE Master.

1998 ford f150: V6..floor vent passenger cold air

I had a problem with my blend door acc on my 1998 ford f150 V6 I bought a brand new one from a ford dealership.and put it on was not located by the heater core like my manuel picture on it.
was very easy to put on it was by the floor vent passenger side it worked real good for my cold air but now I need the heater and it just blows cool air I mess with the switch 2-3 times and then it will blow hot air and some times it will not did we do some thing wrong putting it in,
at brakemax I was told it would cost me about 300.00 to put in could the part be bad I did put in a new swtich when I was trouble shooting the system at the start before the new blend door thanks.

Hi, welcome to my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be answering your question.

Remove the blend door accuator and move the door manually to check its operation. Check the splined where the shaft goes in the door and make sure the door is not cracked. If the door works correctly when you manually move it and the switch is new then you could have a bad accuator again but chances are its the door.

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, if you need further assistance please ask.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to receive credit for my work. Positive feedback and Bonuses are appreciated. Thank you, Shawn.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry I am new to this just started working on my truck okay the blend door has 3 small screws that hook it up and then the wire that looks like a ethernet connection that plugs in I remove the plastic that has the vents for the floor board and pull the rug back to gain access to it.I remove it where would this door be located the blend door has no opening just the screws and the wire connection thanks.
The door is inside the evaporator case but you can open and close the door with a screwdriver by turning the shaft that the blend door accuator inserts into.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
before I accept I did what you told me to do I removed the blend door moved the the shaft back and forth then stuck a screw driver into it and it went in about 4; with no problem and I could wiggle it back and forth now what and if its the door want part number is XXXXX and how hard is it to replace thanks I will accept when you answer back been very helpful and I am enjoying working on my ford truck thanks
Just put something in the door shaft to move it from one stop to the other and make sure its cold AC or hot heat. If when the door is positioned at each stop and the AC or heat works its not the door.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

okay I will click on the accept thanks for your help.

what could I use to turn the knob with out breaking any thing off.

if its the door what has to be ordered can I buy it from a junk yard and about what cost am I looking thanks