Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

1996 Ford Explorer: Eddie Bauer..power seats..drivers seat..work fine

I have a 1996 Ford Explorer, Eddie Bauer edition. It has power seats in the front. The front drivers seat will not move front or back, yet all other controls work fine (up/down, lumbar control, tilt, etc). I found a replacement driver's side power seat switch and would like to replace it, but I'm not sure what all the steps are for removing the seat. I read somewhere about disabling the SRS, but it wasn't on anywhere official.

What steps should I do to properly install this replacement switch to test it out?

HiCustomer

Thanks for using Just Answer, if you are replacing the switch you will not have to depower the SRS, I am sending you instructions on how to test in pdf format, in order to properly diagnose you will need a DVOM (Digital Volt Ohm Meter), which can be purchased at your local auto parts store, for around $50.00 or less. Hope this helps you out.

CLICK HERE FOR TEST PROCEDURES

CLICK HERE FOR SWITCH REPLACEMENT

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Shawn,

Thanks for the prompt response, and these pdf's are perfect. I do have one followup question for you.

The seat switch pdf step 1 refers to the seat removal steps described in that section, but that page is not in the pdf. Is it possible you can include that in pdf form as well? I just want to make sure that there's not more than the 4 bolts I've seen so far.

Thanks a lot, and I hope this didn't interrupt your football watching. :-)

-JT

HiCustomer

No problem here you go,

CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
You....rock.

Thanks again, and have a great weekend!

-JT

THANKS AND SAME TO YOU!