Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure

How do you program remote key entry for a ford taurus 2004?

Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford snr master replied 4 years ago.

good evening and thank you for inquiring with JustAnswer. The procedure is fairly simple and i have posted it below for you to review. If you run into problems or have any further questions please feel free to ask

Remote Transmitter Programming

NOTE: All remote transmitters must be programmed at the same time.

NOTE: Programming (or reprogramming) of the remote transmitters can be accomplished using a diagnostic tool or by carrying out the following steps:

1. The vehicle must be electronically unlocked before entering program mode using the remote transmitter, keyless entry keypad (if equipped) or door lock control switch while the driver door is open.
  1. Turn the key from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the eighth turn ending in RUN. If the module has successfully entered program mode, it will lock and then unlock all doors.
  1. Within 20 seconds, press any button on a remote transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each remote transmitter has been programmed. Repeat this step for each remote transmitter.
  1. If the door locks do not respond for any remote transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Inspection and Verification in this section. (Make sure that no more than the maximum number of remote transmitters are attempted to be programmed.)
  1. Exiting the programming mode is accomplished if one of the following occurs:
    • The key transitions to the OFF position.
    • 20 seconds have passed since entering programming mode or since the last remote transmitter was programmed.
    • The maximum number of remote transmitters have been programmed.

Keyless Entry Keypad Code Programming

NOTE: The system only allows one personal code to be programmed.

NOTE: Any existing personal code will not need to be erased to program a new one.

1. Enter the permanent factory keyless entry keypad code.
  1. Press the 1/2 button within five seconds to activate the programming mode. Holding the 1/2 button for more than two seconds after activation will erase the stored personal code.
  1. Within five seconds, enter the new five-digit keyless entry keypad code. The door locks will lock and unlock to confirm the new code is programmed. Entering any new personal code will automatically erase the old personal code.

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, after accepting the report stays open for further questions, if you need further assistance please ask,

Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to recieve credit for my work. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If you feel the answer was able to save you significant time and money Bonuses are appreciated & would make my day.

i have added the procedure for keyless entry pad programming as well since the procedure was listed in the same section, incase you would like to program an additional personal code
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so I have to use the orig and the new at the same time.Can I program just the new one if I decide to do so
correct, all fobs to be used need to be programmed at the same time. If at any time you decide you want to change which fobs you want to use, you can reprogram them at that time and only program the ones you want to use. Anytime you program fobs, only the ones programmed are active and old stored fobs are rendered unprogrammed and but can be reprogrammed at later will
Experience: 14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure