Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure

Taurus: PCM..the brake pedal) has six electrical connectors:2 big

Taurus 2001 3L OHV. The PCM (located next to the brake pedal) has six electrical connectors:
2 big gray,
1 small gray,
1 big black,
1 small black,
1 white.

To which connectors are the HO2S **Signals/feedback** connected? What is Ground? Pls. describe the connector and the pin #.

My wiring diagram (found in a booklet from Pepboys)says:
But I can not find this wires connected to the PCM. Is the color code symmetric i.e. e.g. PLL/ORG = ORG/PLL?

good morning and thank you for inquiring with JustAnswer. The module you are referring to might be the Fusebox/GEM module assembly that is located next to the brake pedal. The PCM is located underhood, against/slid into the firewall on the passenger side, just to the right of the passenger side strut tower (as viewed from the front of the car)see image below. I hope this helps you identify the PCM and allows you to match up your wiring colors. Also as you asked, ppl/og is the purple wire with orange stripe and is not the same as og/ppl which would be the orange wire with a purple stripe. I am sure you will be able to find your wiring you are looking for once you locate the PCM, if you need any further assistance please let me know and i will gladly assist you with that

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. I saw the unit in my car. how can I remove it? Screw size? what do I have to consider? what kind of electrical connector is this? I want to build an electrical interface thus I can read all the data that are send into/from the PCM.

I cannot realy advise you on the modification of the wiring to monitor the sensor signals as tapping into as this requires some instructions from the kit you are trying to install. I have posted the R&R procedure for the PCM for you below. The connecter comes loose by loosening the 10mm bolt in the center of the connecter shell.

Powertrain Control Module (PCM)

Removal and Installation

1. Disconnect the battery ground cable. For additional information, refer to Section 414-01.
  1. Remove the powertrain control module (PCM) electrical connector.
  1. graphic
  2. Remove the PCM.
    • Remove the stud bolts.
    • Remove the cover and the PCM.
  1. graphic
  2. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

these diagrams might be of some help to you as well, this is the PCM connecter with pinout id's

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. one more. when I go to the junk yard to pick up a used PCM do all Taurus 1998-2003 have the same PCM in terms of wiring? What years match with my Taurus 2001?
give me a few minutes to compare diagrams, one thing you should know though, the salvage yard PCM might allow the vehicle to run but anytime a PCM is swapped or replaced it needs to be programmed to the vehicle. They are engine specific and connot be interchanged between 12 valve and 24 valve. Please give me a few minutes to compare pcm's and i will get right back with you
you will need to ask for a 2001 specific PCM as the other year models have some terminals in other spots and in other spots none. there are discrepencies between your '01 and all other years, due to inputs from sensors and outputs used. It shouldn't be too hard to locate a PCM though since there are so many taurusses on the road.