Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I locked my keys in a 2004 ford ranger.how can i unlock the door?

i locked my keys in a 2004 ford ranger.how can i unlock the door?

Hello Vols

I'm Chris, Thanks for coming to Just Answer, I am going to do my very best to assist you with this concern in a timely matter. If there is any doubt or further explanation needed on my answer, just reply on this thread and I will get back with you. I am here to help you, so I want to make sure your satisfied.

Slim jiming a door on a ranger is not hard. You need to usea dull knife and pry the exterior door skin away from the glass directly above the exterior handle. now inset a wooden spoon there so you can get a tool in. You need to use a stiff coat hanger bent in a tight V shape. Now insert it betwee nthe glass and door skin and go under the bottom of the window. Once under the glass turn the hanger 90 degrees then pull up til lthe tip of the hanger is under the lock nob. Gently feel around with the hanger till you get under the knob and pull straigt up to push the lock nob up.

Edited by Chris (aka- Moose) on 11/11/2009 at 5:18 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes