Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Access Cylinder 7 Coil Pack on 01 Ford Expedition

How do you get to coil pack for cylinder 7 on a 2001 ford expediton 5.4 liter? I replaced the coil on cylinder 5 it was easy. 7 is under a chrome tube with 1/2" clearance
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

The chrome tube you are talking about is the injector rail, you can remove the 2 bolts that hold it down and remove the rail and injectors and move it aside. Remove the 2 8mm bolts I have shown in the diagram and gently lift the rail.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what diagram?
Expert:  Ron replied 6 years ago.

Here lets try it again, the site has been havins issues.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
okay. yep I took em out but the injector rail wiggles a little but won't move out of the way. the injectors are holding it down? Not sure.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 years ago.

Yes the injectors are holding the rail down, gently pry up on it and they will come out. When you go to reinstall the injectors, place a little grease on the o rings and make sure they are all lined up with the holes before you push them gently in.