Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure

1994 F150: the cargo light wont turn..possible problems

the cargo light won't turn off on my 1994 F150. What are the possible problems?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford snr master replied 6 years ago.

Good evening and thank you for inquiring with JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be the technician assisting you today..Do your courtesy lamps inside stay on along with the rear cargo light?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes it does
Ok, thank you for the additional info. I suspect either your dimmer switch is turned up accidentally or one of your door ajar switches is shorting out. If you have remote keyless entry, it could be the module theoretically, but i have never replaced one for that reason. As i mentioned, first check the dimmer switch, this happens all too often theat someone turns up the dimmer to brighten the dashlights at night and then the next click to far the dome lamps stay on. If it is not the dimmer,remove each door ajar switch and check for corrosion or shorting