Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure
21020025

my ac and heater blower on my 2000 ford focus SE not working

Customer Question

my ac and heater blower on my 2000 ford focus SE not working at all.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford snr master replied 4 years ago.

Good morning and thank you for inquiring with JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be the technician assisting you today. The first step you should check is to make sure you have power on the green/orange wire at the blower motor. If no power check fuse number 64. If power ok, check for a valid ground feed to the switch on the black wire, if ok, then in HI speed mode check for a valid ground signal to the blower motor on the black/orange wire. If no ground,replace the switch, if gound is ok on the black/orange wire then replace the blower motor. I have posted the wiring diagram for your refference below

graphic

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, after accepting the report stays open for further questions, if you need further assistance please ask,

Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to recieve credit for my work. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If you feel the answer was able to save you significant time and money Bonuses are appreciated & would make my day.

Experience: 14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I read 12 volts on the green and orange wire. There is no number 64 fuse in the fuse block.
the number 64 fuse is located in the underhood fusebox, but since you have 12v then the fuse is good. Check at the blower motor connecter across both pins and if your test light lights up, or if your meter reads 12v with both leads to both terminals then you likely have a failed blower motor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I read zero volts accross both terminal of the blower motor
if you have 12v but no volts across the blower connecter wires then you are missing the ground feed. Ground comes from a body ground, goes through the switch (if other than high speed it goes through the resistor) then it feeds the blower motor, see the wiring schematic. Check with the blower speed in high and check for a ground signal at the blower. if no ground at the blower, then check for ground from the switch on the black/orange wire with the speed switch in high