RJ, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford senior master and ase master certified 19years Ford dealership experience

I have a 2006 F150 and the check engine light has come on.

I have a 2006 F150 and the check engine light has come on. I took it to Midas and they ran the codes and hooked back up a vacum hose that was loose. Here are the codes: p0171 and p0174
Category: Ford
Expert:  RJ replied 7 years ago.
Ok so did they clear the codes? There is a recall for the f-150 i dont know if it applies to your truck, if you could give me the vin i could check.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

They told me that the light had stayed off. But after driving away from Midas the light came back on.

Vin 1FTPW14586FB74770

Expert:  RJ replied 7 years ago.
There is no open recall on yours. But a vacume leak will cause the lean codes you had. I just wonder if they did not clear them , after they fixed the vacume leak. You will need a scan tool to clear the codes.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

should I go back to Midas and have them clear the codes.

Expert:  RJ replied 7 years ago.
I think i would since you already paid them for the repair.Which should have included clearing the codes and retesting.