Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure

Cannot access Aux functions or menu..FM/ work

Customer Question

Cannot access Aux functions or menu. Sync is stuck in FM/radio mode. iPhone won't connect; no other functions but radio work. Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford snr master replied 6 years ago.

good morning and thank you for inquiring with JustAnswer. You most likely have a failed APIM module(Accesory Protocal Interface Module) which is the main SYNC computer. These have been failing on just about every model and is a known concern. If you have a Ford scantool available and attempt to retrieve codes you will likely see a b1342 code stored in the module, as that indicates a module failure. This is a repair the dealer will need to perform as the new APIM will need to be programmed prior to use. The module you might be able to replace depending on automotive skills but after replacement the dealer will still need to program it to be operational

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, if you need further assistance please ask.

Please note, your Deposit doesnt constitute a payment.Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to recieve credit for my work. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If you feel the answer was able to save you significant time and money Bonuses are welcome and appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Many Thanks! I was sent to a deposit page but wanted to print your reply, left the deposit page to go back to your answer and print. Cannot get back to deposit page. My feedback is certainly positive; you've answered my question and I will get into dealer for repairs. This saved me lots of time trying to fix myself. Thanks again.
you are very welcome. glad to be of service. I was just baffled a bit,being an '09 i figured it should be covered under warranty, unless you've put over 36K on it already