RJ
RJ, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford senior master and ase master certified 19years Ford dealership experience
19037865

My 2005 Ford Freestyle will not start. The anti-theft system

My 2005 Ford Freestyle will not start. The anti-theft system has been activated (theft indicator is blinking every 2 seconds). I cannot get the anti-theft to disarm. What can I do?
Category: Ford
Expert:  RJ replied 7 years ago.
The only way to reset the antitheft is to remove the key wait one minute or so then the system will reset , then you will need to try a different key that has started the car in the past. If the antitheft still does not allow the vehicle to start, then you will need ascan tool to test the system to find out which component has failed, there no way around the system no back door no way to bypass it.