John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience

Ford Expedition-where is the relay for 4WD actuator motor?

Customer Question

Where is the relay for the four wheel drive actuator motor on a 1997 Ford Expedition. None of the ones listed in the owner's manual are for the four wheel drive. I have checked all the fuses. I do not need info for the front axle
vacuum solenoids just the exact location of the relay as my last answers from just answer has led me to the relay or relays.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for using Just Answer, the transfer case shift relay #17 is located in the Power Distribution Box. I am sending you a diagram with the location, hope this helps you out.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would like the location of the relay as I have been told how to bypass the crap system but need the location of the relay.
Expert:  John Mc replied 6 years ago.
The relays are under the center of the dash on the top. There is a large oval cover on the top of the dash that starts to the left of center and goes to the right side. About 24" long and 5" wide. This snaps off and the transfer case relay is underneath. Please refer to attached diagram.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask, it's what I'm here for!
Thank you