Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

How to replace a heater core on a 1991 ford ranger

how to replace a heater core on a 1991 ford ranger
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thnaks for using Just Answer, I am sending you instructions on how to replace the heater core, hope this helps you out.

Heater Core

Removal

1. Allow the engine to cool. Engine Cooling. Using a thick cloth, turn the radiator cap slowly to its first stop. Step back while the pressure is being released; then, when no more pressure is escaping, tighten the radiator cap.
  2. Disconnect the heater hoses from the heater core tubes, then, plug the hoses.
  3. Working inside the passenger compartment, remove the four screws which attach the heater core access cover to the plenum. Remove the cover.
  4. Pull the heater core rearward and downward to remove it from the plenum assembly.

graphic

Installation

1. Position the heater core and seal in the plenum assembly.
  2. Install the heater core access cover and secure it with four screws.
  3. Install the heater hoses over the heater core tubes. Position and then tighten the hose clamps. (Do not over-tighten the clamps. Their specified torque is 1.8-2.5 Nm (16-22 in-lbs).
  4. Add coolant and water mixture to radiator, as required.
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do i have to take the dash out
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.
Not at all
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you very much
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

You are welcome, and thank you as well!