Lee, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  31 years experience ASE Master Technician

2004 ford mustang: water pump..Air conditioning compressor..slipping

2004 ford mustang v/6 3.8 squealing noise like in the old cars first was like a bearing noise, so changed the idler pulley, the tensioner pulley, the water pump, the Air conditioning compressor, when I start the car it squeals like a belt slipping, mustangs as you know only has one belt, if you spray the pulleys and belt with white grease noise goes away for a day or two days then dries out and comes back, please tell me what this is. THANKS mR. i GIVE UP!!!
Hi! There

Replaced the belt. dayco has a new belt out just for this problem. I normally use gates belts, but this new belt has proved to do good on fords that want to keep squieling. It is the dayco gold belts.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
lee yes I replaced the belt already too
What brand belt did you use?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
lee thanks it was a gates my girlfriend seems to be all mad yet like I told her I have done everything I can think of my ex in laws of 28 years all mechanics, i have rebuilt about l5 motors so this is really a stumper to me I am releasing your money though if you have any other idea let me know
I have these problems on fords and the new belt that dayco came out with will fix this problem. Just make sure the tensioner is riding in the right spot(belt not to long). get the dayco gold belt. I have used it when I have a belt squieling problem and it has fixed it every time so far.