Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

How to reinstall distributer

How to reinstall distributer
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Ford?

-What model is your Ford?

-How many miles are on your Ford?

-What type of engine is in your Ford?

-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
2001 ford f150 4.2 v6 150000 miles Ipulled out the distributer . to install do i have to have line up the distributer senser at top dead center
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thanks for using Just Answer, there is no distributor, the 01 F150 is equipped with distributorless ignition.

Engine Ignition

The ignition system consists of the following:

The ignition system is:

• an electronic distributorless ignition system (EDIS) controlled by an electronic engine control (EEC) integrated into the powertrain control module (PCM).
  • set at 10 degrees before top dead center (BTDC) for base timing and it is not adjustable.

The ignition coil :

• changes low voltage pulses from the powertrain control module to high voltage pulses.
  • sends high voltage pulses to the spark plugs through the spark plug wires.
  • has three transformers.
  • has six spark plug wires, one to each end of each transformer.
  • is mounted on top of the intake manifold.

Spark plug wires carry high voltage pulses from the ignition coil to the spark plugs.

The spark plugs:

• change high voltage pulses to spark at gap which ignites fuel and air mixture.
  • have a platinum-enhanced active electrode for long life. The active electrode is different for LH and RH sides.

Original spark plugs on the RH side (cylinders 1, 2 and 3) spark plugs are AGSF-34EG.

Original spark plugs on the LH side (cylinders 4, 5 and 6) are AGSF-34E.

Replacement spark plugs are AGSF-34EE; both electrodes are platinum-enhanced and can replace either a RH or LH spark plug.

The crankshaft position (CKP) sensor:

• is a variable-reluctance sensor.
  • senses a missing tooth on crankshaft damper pulse ring.
  • generates a crankshaft position signal which is sent to the powertrain control module. The powertrain control module counts this signal for engine rpm and spark advance.

Below are the instructions on how to replace the coil pack, where all the spark plug wires are connected.

Click Here for Instructions

Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas