Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech
17239397

2005 Ford Explorer: clicking noise..heat or defrost, it blows cold air

My 2005 Ford Explorer is making a clicking noise at the dash, and will produce no heat.
Even when on heat or defrost, it blows cold air.

Thank you for using just answer.

You might have a blower motor bad.The plastic gears strip out causing it not to switch from hot to cold.Worst case is the blower door broken.If the door is bad the instrument panel will have to come off if its the motor you can access it under the panel.The motor is a pain but can be put in without panel removal.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you! If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.

Thank you

Carl

Just Answer Expert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Do you have any idea as to a price range so they do not take me to the cleaners.

I am on a very poor budget.

Ok it is called the temperture blend door actuator.All the books say to remove the instrument panel.I know the short cut but others may not can do it my way.They will probably charge around 6 hours to remove panel and the parts should be in the 65 to 150 range.They have 3 different motors and they differ and also my program doesnt have the prices on here i am just going on memory.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so very much !!!

Your welcome and good luck

Thank you

Carl

Just Answer Expert